Sunday, September 20, 2009

Rosh Hashana

I still had to finish my homework for Computer Design so Christine and I met to work in the computer lab on Sunday.  But, we found out that it was closed for Rosh Hashana.  Thank goodness Christine had just purchased the software for her home computer.  She invited me to her apartment in the Upper West side to finish the assignment.

Her place was very nice - wood floors, kind of a long and narrow setup but plenty of room for the necessities.  Her sewing area was very organized - something I'm not used to!  It was really nice to spend the day with her and get to chat outside of school.  I found out her husband Andy and she had found a church they like and it happened to be the same one that someone back home recommended to me!  After we finished the homework, we grabbed a bite to eat and went to evening service together.

The church is called Redeemer and in the evening at this location (there are several), they have hymns and updated songs, all set to a live jazz band backdrop.  It was really enjoyable.  I hadn't made it there myself partly because I was busy, but also because I just wasn't confident about how to get there. I found out from this day trip with Christine that the subway trip there is super easy and stops right outside the church.  So, thanks to Rosh Hashana, I made it to church service!  I can definitely see more trips to the Upper West side in my future.

No comments:

Post a Comment